Is my holiday protected by ATOL?

DIY holidays including flight and accommodation or any other element you have booked by the same company are now protected under the Government scheme. DIY holidays look like a package holiday but you buy different components from the same holiday supplier. If the holiday supplier or operator you booked with goes bust your money will be safe. only works with companies that hold an ATOL, ABTA or TTA licence.

How to check if my holiday is covered by ATOL?
Did you book your holiday online or directly from a brochure? You should always Check the companies brochures or the website for the ATOL logo. You need to find the licence number and look on ATOL s web site to see if it’s a valid number. Also you can check the ATOL s web sites on this link for more information on your questions.

Is my holiday covered if I pay with my credit card?
If you pay your holiday with a credit card and if it costs more than £100, you will be covered for the failed component but not the other components you booked. For example, if your airline goes bust you will not get the money for your accommodation or the transfers back.

Is my holiday safe if I book insurance?
Buying travel insurance with your holiday may give you some cover but don’t forget to check the small prints. Most of the cheap travel insurances wouldn’t cover for airline failure or insolvency, some others who cover them will only cover the service you have lost not the other services booked.

What do I get if my flight is delayed?
The law requires airlines to provide assistance to passengers during the delay period. This could be food supplies, communication or in some cases, providing overnight accommodation. If your flight is delayed for more than five hours you may be able to request a full refund. If your flights get cancelled you can also get alternative travel options, refunds, and in some cases you may even be offered compensation